构师英语网娱乐
打工姐妹花第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第314期:节目上的对峙
日期:2020-06-23 11:58    编辑:构师英语网    来源:未知
Im here with Sandra Rosenthal, whos just signed a huge book deal 今天的嘉宾是珊卓拉罗森索,她刚签了一份超值钱的书约, to do a kiss-and-tell on disgraced financier Martin Channing. Welcome to you, Sandra. 揭发臭名昭著的金融家马丁钱宁的种种

   I'm here with Sandra Rosenthal, who's just signed a huge book deal

  今天的嘉宾是珊卓拉·罗森索,她刚签了一份超值钱的书约,

  to do a kiss-and-tell on disgraced financier Martin Channing. Welcome to you, Sandra.

  揭发臭名昭著的金融家马丁·钱宁的种种隐私。欢迎你,珊卓拉。

  Hello, piers. Thank you for allowing me to tell my story.

  你好,皮尔斯。谢谢你邀请我上台讲述我的故事

  It's a story, all right.

  只是个故事而已。

  Wow, so we're right into it. Okay, well, let me catch up.

  我们十分想听。好的,让我先介绍下。

  My other guest is Caroline Channing, daughter of martin Channing,

  另一位嘉宾是卡洛琳·钱宁,马丁·钱宁的女儿,

  who, to put it mildly, is claiming that your book, Ms. Rosenthal, is a bunch of bull.

  说得委婉些,她声称罗森索女士的书完全就是狗屁连篇。

  That's right, Piers. It's pure rubbish, as your people say.

  没错,皮尔斯。按你们英国人的说法,就是"通篇胡扯"。

  That was perfectly American. Right, then, let me start with you.

  那完全是你们美国人的说法。好吧,那先从你开始。

  

  Well, to catch everybody up, Ms. Rosenthal's large book advance really has to do with something that turned out to be,

  事情是这样的,推动罗森索女士作品的最"大"动力是她揭露某物的真相是...

  by your words, very small. Comments, Ms. Channing?

  用你的话来说,"非常小"。有何评论,钱宁小姐?

  I'd rather not comment about that, Piers, because I have class,

  我不发表任何评论,皮尔斯,因为我有格调,

  but I do have a question for Ms. Rosenthal, who was hired by my father

  但我的确有个问题要问我父亲曾经聘用过的珊卓拉女士,

  because she claimed she had a degree in finance.

  因为她声称自己是金融学的学士。

  Ms. Rosenthal, if a train carrying 27 passengers leaves Grand Central Station at 9:00 A.M.,

  珊卓拉女士,一辆载有27个人的火车早上9点离开中央车站,

  travels 800 miles to Chicago, arriving at 5:00 p.M., how fast was it traveling?

  于下午5点到达800英里外的芝加哥,请问火车的速度是多少?

  Well, I... Simple math, piers.

  这个嘛...超简单的数学题,皮尔斯。

  100 miles an hour. I'm sorry?

  每小时100英里。打工姐妹花第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第314期:节目上的对峙你说什么?

  That's your answer. Sorry, I'm a bit of a mathlete. Impressive.

  你问题的答案。抱歉,我也算是个数学高手。真厉害。

  

  • 本类最新
  • 时尚
  • 新闻
  • 生活
  • 视觉
  • 微爱
返回顶部